Our Cannabis industry group offers clients in the marijuana, hemp, and CBD markets solutions for a complex business and regulatory environment.
Jackson Kelly provides comprehensive services to Cannabis industry participants in Colorado, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana and Pennsylvania, delivered in a fully-integrated and team-oriented approach.
Our lawyers are knowledgeable about cannabis industry trends and developments.
Before Cannabis Law became a political and media talking point, Jackson Kelly PLLC pioneered in providing reliable and seasoned advice to the emerging industry in Colorado and now in the other states within our footprint. We focus on all aspects of this dynamic marketplace: the retailers, processors, growers, vendors, contractors and ancillary businesses that are the future of a strong, sustainable cannabis market. Leveraging our local, state and national experience, our attorneys provide the local regulatory support, transactional capability and broad corporate guidance that all cannabis businesses - pharmaceutical, agricultural, consumer goods, etc. - need to thrive.
Jackson Kelly is on the leading edge of legal and political developments affecting our clients’ businesses. Our attorneys have over 10 years of industry experience - from the birth of the industry in Colorado - providing our clients with the support, guidance and representation they need in this complex and highly-regulated industry. Our attorneys bring unparalleled knowledge in corporate law, intellectual property, litigation, regulatory compliance, commercial real estate, and consumer product matters - both in domestic and international environments.
Our capabilities that we can bring to Cannabis Law matters include:
- Regulatory compliance/licensing
- Sales and leasing transactions
- Litigation – disputes involving suppliers, distribution, ownership and many other issues
- Crop cultivation, harvest, processing agreements
- Real estate, zoning and land use
- Industry-specific contracting and leasing
- Physical and intellectual security arrangements
- Trademark and intellectual property
- OSHA compliance and audits
- Environmental (clean water issues)
- Personnel policies and procedures
- Medical malpractice
- Commercial law
- Federal and state criminal defense
- Venture capital / private placements / investor agreements
- Asset purchase agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Rulemaking and lobbying – assisting stake holders, growers, distributors and vendors (e.g., lights, HVAC, controls, security, pesticides, chemicals, etc.)
- Tax planning
- State and local permitting
- Trade association development and management
- Workplace Safety & Health
Jackson Kelly is actively involved in the Cannabis industry and we are committed to its future success. This is a complicated industry and our attorneys provide the timely, proactive and informed advice necessary to navigate it efficiently and effectively. We look forward to the opportunity to speak with you about specific ways we can assist you.
Although many states have legalized limited forms and uses of Marijuana, the use and possession of Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law. Engagement of our legal services does not decrease or eliminate the risk from enforcement of Federal laws. Any legal advice provided by us is designed to counsel clients regarding the validity, scope, meaning, and application of existing and/or proposed cannabis law. We will not provide guidance or assistance in circumventing or violating Federal or state cannabis law or policy, and any advice provided by us should not be construed as such.