Ross T. Yates is an Associate in the Health Care industry group, focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions. He practices out of the Firm’s office in Evansville, Indiana.
Ross’s practice focuses on corporate transactional matters, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and related regulatory issues.
Ross advises providers, ambulatory surgical centers, pharmacies, and others involved in the business of health care, in navigating the heavily regulated healthcare industry and managing complex issues by recommending practical, innovative, and informed strategies to allow them to achieve their business goals.
Health care clients look to Ross to provide in-depth analysis and advice regarding state and federal regulatory issues including Stark law, Anti-Kickback Statute, fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA/HITECH, and the structuring of business relationships and transactions to maintain regulatory compliance. Ross provides counsel regarding compliance programs, data use and technology arrangements, reimbursement issues, and corporate and operational matters.
In addition to his health care practice, Ross regularly provides corporate legal counsel to clients in various industries by providing advice regarding entity formation, transaction due diligence, and the drafting of commercial transaction documents.
Ross earned his law degree from the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, where he completed a Graduate Certificate in Health Law at the William and Christine Hall Center for Law and Health. Prior to law school, Ross received undergraduate and graduate degrees from Marshall University.
Outside of the office, Ross enjoys traveling and playing golf.
- Dean’s Tutorial Society, Fellow
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Jackson Kelly PLLC (2017-Present)
- Jackson Kelly PLLC, Summer Associate (2016)
- Congressman Luke Messer, U.S. House of Representatives, Legal Intern (2015)
- Office of Governor Mike Pence, Law Clerk (2015)
- Business Law
- Health Care Regulatory
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Health Care
Indiana University McKinney School of Law
Graduate Certificate in Health Law, William and Christine Hall Center for Law and Health
- Marshall University (M.S., 2013)
- Marshall University (B.S., 2009)
- Indiana (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (2017)
- Evansville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals Alliance, Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Speaker, “Key Topics on Post-Residency Employment and Practice Acquisitions,” Indiana University School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics and Oral Facial Genetics (2019)
- Speaker, “Risk Management in the Modern Dental Practice,” First District Dental Society, Indiana Dental Association Winter Continuing Education (2018)
Writings and Publications
- Author, "INSPECT — New Law Provides Practitioners Controlled Substance Monitoring Tool," Tri-State Business Journal (2019)
- Author, "Tips for Avoiding Administrative Dissolution — and Legal Fees," Tri-State Business Journal (2018)
- Author, “Not If but When – Strategic Considerations to Understanding Indiana Data Breach Laws,” Tri-State Business Journal (2018)
- Contributor, “Extra-Contractual Actions in Commercial Transactions,” Defense Research Institute’s In-House Defense Quarterly (2017)