Our construction attorneys handle the full life cycle of a project, from project planning, risk assessments, project delivery advice, drafting bid and proposal requests, bid and proposal review and assessment, drafting and negotiation of contract terms, and analysis of project risks to counseling on project delivery systems, project controls, project management best practices, and early resolution of project disputes. They also advise on insurance, bonding and risk-management issues unique to the construction industry.
Dispute prevention is often an effective strategy in avoiding litigation. Our attorneys proactively help clients manage and avoid claims at the outset to prevent the loss of time, capital and resources needed to complete a project. We are highly skilled in resolving matters through arbitration and dispute resolution. When needed, we deploy experienced litigators to represent clients in complex construction litigation.
Complementing Jackson Kelly’s deep experience in construction law is the benefit of the firm’s full-service capabilities. If needed, we involve attorneys seasoned in real estate transactions, environmental issues, bond issues and other financing approaches, intellectual property issues, tax matters, lease-purchase agreements, healthcare matters and other areas of the law.
Our construction projects include:
- Commercial: Office, Warehouse, Industrial, Manufacturing, Retail and Mixed Use
- Public Private Partnerships
- Healthcare: Hospitals, Medical Office Buildings, Specialty Medical/Dental Facilities
- Housing and Residential Development: Multifamily, Subdivision
- Hospitality: Hotels, Convention Centers, Casinos, Riverboats, Restaurants
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Public Construction: Government buildings, Libraries, Parking Structures, Transportation, Infrastructure, Utilities, Highways and Bridges