We are well positioned to meet the needs of both large and small industry clients.
We have an experienced team to assist with transactional needs – from initial negotiations through closing.
We offer practical, tactical advice in dealing with industry issues.
Attorneys in Jackson Kelly’s Oil and Gas industry group advise clients on matters from the wellhead to the burner tip. These attorneys’ experience comes from working in the field, participating in industry organizations, and working with the constituents serving the industry. This experience allows Jackson Kelly’s Oil and Gas industry attorneys to provide clients with both the legal and business knowledge necessary to make decisions in this rapidly-changing environment.
Attorneys in this industry group work on mergers and acquisitions, state and federal leasing, oil and gas title work, production and development, marketing, processing, gathering, intrastate and interstate transportation, and distribution. With intimate knowledge of the issues facing the energy industry, Jackson Kelly attorneys efficiently and effectively represent clients before numerous state regulatory agencies, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Department of the Interior - including the Minerals Management Service, Interior Board of Land Appeals, and Bureau of Land Management - and state and federal courts.
Attorneys in Jackson Kelly’s Oil and Gas industry group have years of experience in representing the best interests of the oil and gas industry in both legal and legislative matters. In addition to serving their clients in the courtroom and in the board room, these attorneys draft and review legislation and lobby before state legislatures and the United States Congress.
The Firm’s Oil and Gas industry group is a national leader in the law relating to the extraction of natural resources from federal, tribal, state and private lands, and the industries associated with the development, processing, refining, transportation, and marketing of those resources. These services include:
- Acquisition, lease, merger, and divestiture of mineral properties
- Financing arrangements associated with mineral projects
- Exploration, development, joint operating, and joint venture agreements
- Litigation of commercial, employment, safety and health, and environmental matters
- Public/private lands
- Operational permits, agreements, and compliance
- Marketing of natural gas
- Federal, tribal, state, and private royalty disputes
- Transportation of natural gas, natural gas liquids, and other minerals
- Pipeline safety and transportation of hazardous materials
- Consultation regarding federal and state policy trends and legislative initiatives
- Administrative and civil litigation and arbitration of disputes regarding natural resources
- Mineral and surface title examinations and title opinions