In a world where women only make up 22% of firm-wide managing partners, we are proud to have Ellen S. Cappellanti at the helm of Jackson Kelly. The Firm’s executive committee is led by a woman, as well as several of the Firm’s practice groups, including litigation. Jackson Kelly promotes diversity and inclusion, and a key part of that is opening up leadership opportunities to our women lawyers. Mentoring is another key initiative.
The Firm has received numerous accolades for its attention to advancing women in leadership. Below are a few recent examples:
- Awarded “Gold Standard Certification” by Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), a designation for law firms that have integrated women in top leadership positions.
- Recognized for a high percentage of female Equity Members and commitment to gender equality in Law360’s “The 25 Best Law Firms For Female Partners”.
- Law360 recognized the Firm as a “Best Law Firm for Female Attorneys” and as a “Best Law Firm for Female Partners” in its 2019 Glass Ceiling Report.
- Jackson Kelly Member, Vivian H. Basdekis, received the Construction Lawyers Society of America’s 2018 Diversity Law Institute Diversity (DLI) Award. The award recognizes someone that has advanced, promoted, or supported diversity and inclusion in the profession of law.
- Two Jackson Kelly attorneys were selected to be members of the 2019 class of Fellows landmark program created by the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) to identify, train, and advance the next generation of leaders in the legal profession.
Ellen S. Cappellanti
Ellen S. Cappellanti is the Firm’s Managing Member and long-time advocate for mentoring women attorneys. She is passionate about giving opportunities to women at all stages of their legal careers.
Lucero Tennis Kieffer
Lucero Tennis Kieffer is an Associate from our Evansville office. She practices business law, with an emphasis on employment matters. “I am so proud and fortunate to work at a firm that champions women in the workplace. Jackson Kelly is truly committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the Firm and in the legal profession.”